2009 Z Nationals September 24th- 27th
The 2009 Z Nationals has came and gone, and despite the worst intentions of mother nature the event was a tremendous success and drew a great crowd for yet another year.
Attendance for the annual event was down from the 2008 installment due in part to the weather forecast and severe flooding in much of Metro Atlanta the previous week. Despite the setbacks the final tally for attendance and participation at the 2009 Z Nationals was impressive, over 500 people made their way to the event, with many participating in the Show & Shine competition, 37 registrants took up the challenge for the dyno competition, and a full field of 40 participants and 10 instructors took to Talladega Grand Prix Raceway on Friday for the track day experience. The 2009 Z Nationals was also the first year in which the event was co-branded with the Speed For Sale sponsored GTR Nationals, and all years of Skyline models were put on display and tracked as well.
-Thu. September 24th, 2009 - Z1 Motorsports Carrollton, GA. Early arrivals were given the chance to register for the track day and get their cars inspected in order to save time on Friday morning.
-Fri. September 25th, 2009 - Talladega Gran Prix Track Day Talladega AL Track day participants met at the Hampton Inn and set up a caravan to TGP for the early morning event. With a full field of cars on hand space was limited, and time was short, but everyone was able to get in enough track time to satisfy their cravings before the rain set in and washed out the afternoon sessions. The caravan stopped off for Mellow Mushroom Pizza on the way home and as night fell the Z1 / Z Nationals staff were still making final plans for Saturday's events.
-Sat. September 26th, 2009 - Show / Dyno Competition / Open House at Z1 Motorsports. Rain was the word of the day for the 2009 Z Nationals. It came early and often, raining on and off through out the day and forcing most event guests in doors. The Z1 Motorsports service area became the focal point of the event as prize give-aways went on all day inside the facility. Despite the rain the crowd remained upbeat and all scheduled events went on as planned.
Event sponsors Z1 Motorsports, Gwinnett Place Nissan, Nissan Motorsports, Absolute Motor Specialties, Speed For Sale, and Garrett Turbochargers came together along with many other sponsors to provide over $20,000 in free products and awards for the event, and Nissan North America was on hand with a new 370Z Roadster and Nismo Edition 370Z on display.
2009 Z Nationals Dyno and Car Show Winners can be found HERE.
People’s Choice awards were given out in 7 categories during the show, and a full range of trophies were awarded at the night’s dinner and presentation ceremony at the Maple Street Mansion in Carrollton, GA.
Over $20,000 in free prizes & giveaways were distributed at the 2009 Z Nationals along with incredible deals on show specials offered at Z1 Motorsports on Saturday September 26th.
The following list of items were given away at the 09 Z Nationals through random drawings, and raffles.
2009 300ZX Parts Giveaways
- Z1 Sidemount Intercooler Upgrade Kit
- Z1 Premium Short Throw Shifter
- Z1 CNC Throttle Bodies (Chrome)
- Z1 Howe TT Racing Radiator
- Z1 ECU Upgrade
- Z1 Chrome Lower Radiator Hardpipe W/ Silicone Upper Hose
- Z1 Chrome Intake Hardpipe Kit
- Z32 Replacement Floor Mats
- AMS Max Flow Z32TT Manifolds
- AMS Carbon Ceramic Brake Pad Set Front & Rear
- AMS Z32 Tie Rod Master Set
- Gift Certificate for Mega Z "Wingz" 3 pc Radiator Air Guide
- Mega Z Chrome Battery Hold Down (2)
- $100 Deatschwerks Injector Testing and Cleaning Certificate
- SpddRacer Stainless Steel Engine Undershroud
2009 350Z/G35 Parts Giveaways
- Z1 Silicone Coolant Hoses
- Z1 Plenum Spacer
- Z1 High Flow Intake Package
- Z1 2.5" SS Test Pipes
- Z1 Lightweight Flywheel
- Osiris Basic Tune Courtesy of Z1
- APS 2.5" SS High Flow Cats
- $100 Tire Rack Credit Voucher
- AMS Carbon Ceramic Brake Pads Front & Rear for Brembo & Base
- AMS Adjustable Short Throw Shifter
- AMS VQ35HR Crankshaft Pulley
- Mega Z Mega Mount Suction Cup Camera Mounting System
- $100 Deatschwerks Injector Testing & Cleaning Certificate
- Z1 Ultra-Lightweight Flywheel
- Gift Certificate good for any set of Wiseco shelf stock pistons
The items listed below were available for sale at considerable discounts to Z Nationals attendees on Saturday September 26th, 2009.
2009 Z Nationals 300ZX Parts Specials
- Z1 Motorsports High Flow Intake $58
- Z1 Motorsports 2.5" Stainless Steel Test Pipes $135
- Z1 Motorsports Premium Short Throw Shifters $95 (Fully Assembled)
- Z1 Motorsports SMIC Upgrade $395
- Z1 Motorsports CNC Billet Aluminum Throttle Bodies $245
- Z1 Motorsports Chrome Gauge Ring Sets $28
- Z1 Motorsports GT600R Turbo Kit $1995
- Z1 Motorsports Platinum Series Driveshafts 10% Off
- Z1 Motorsports Subframe Collar Sets $35
- Z1 Motorsports Lower Radiator Hardpipe W/ Silicone elbows $64
- Z1 Motorsports Lightweight Flywheel (NA) $248 (TT) $278
- AMS Max Flow High Performance Manifolds $395
- Mishimoto Twin Turbo Aluminum Radiator $188
- Eagle H Beam Connecting Rods VG30DE(TT) $428
- Nissan 99 JDM Fascias TBA
2009 Z Nationals 350Z / G35 Parts Specials
- Z1 Motorsports 5/16" Plenum Spacer $95
- Z1 Motorsports Stainless Steel Brake Line Sets $85
- Z1 Motorsports Lightweight Flywheel $285
- Z1 Motorsports 2.5" Stainless Steel Test Pipes $85
- Z1 Motorsports Silicone Coolant Hose Sets $75
- Z1 Motorsports High Flow Intake and "Z" Tube Assembly TBA
- AMS Lightweight Pulley Set $185
- AMS VQ35HR Crankshaft Pulley $189
- APS 2.5" G35 Coupe True Dual Exhaust $685
- APS 2.5" High Flow Cats $425
- Tein S Tech or H Tech Springs $178
- Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator (350Z) $199 (G35) $274
- Eagle VQ35 H Beam Rod Set $428
- Kinetix Velocity Plenum $674
2009 Z Nationals 370Z / G37 Parts Specials
- JWT Dual Pop Intake System $299
- Stillen Gen 2 Dual Intake System $388
- Stillen Gen 3 Dual Intake System $495
- Berk Technology 2.5" Test Pipes $278
- Z1 Motorsports Silicone Coolant Hoses $68